Monday 15 November 2010

Light and Colour - Test 2


My laptop's graphics card ceased to function over the course of further experimentations with light and colours, and the repair will take up to four weeks unfortunately. Although most of my files were backed up, the latest several other test renders that I did on the day were lost as a result.
I have finally managed to borrow a laptop from college on the 26th of November 2010. Unfortunately, Maya would only run in college due to its licensing over the network.
I shall try my best to borrow other people's laptop or use the college computers to regenerate the tests I did previously, this is however incredibly time consuming and inefficient.


This is the third test that I done. I created some simple shapes and attached them together to form an abstract shape together with the spotlight and its colour curve in order to create some interesting results.


With the attachment of 'lens flare' and 'light fog' onto the 'spotlight', I placed a 'blinn' with a simple texture as the floor plane and animated the light downwards to see the change of colours and reflection due to the 'colour curve'.


By adding a 'colour curve' to a 'spotlight', I have managed to adjust the RGBs separately in relation to intensity and range of the light. This allowed me to reflect various colours of light onto many objects with just one 'spotlight'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Film Countdown

Film Countdown
Entry sequence?

Old School Cinema

Old School Cinema
Suggests history and shows improvement over time as the quality improves on screen.

Old School Projector

Old School Projector
3D Model in Maya?

Light and Shadow Projection

Light and Shadow Projection
Form imagery with the light and shadow via projection.